Our Price: $43.96/1 month(s)
1. What are the ingredients for Fruit and Veggie Plus and how are they selected? Fruit and Veggie Plus uses fruits and vegetables picked at peak ripeness. The powder includes banana, pineapple, strawberry, noni, coffee berry, broccoli sprouts, acerola cherry, camu camu, tomato, broccoli, carrot, mangosteen, spinach, kale, and brussel sprouts. The following are organic juices that are added for their high ORAC value: raspberry, cranberry, strawberry, blackberry, carrot, blueberry, pomegranate, acai, cherry and watermelon. We also add a variety of herbs and extracts to increase the free radical fighting capabilities of this formula.
Twenty-four fruits and vegetables remain completely raw with all enzymes, vitamins and minerals intact.
2. I notice that the label does not read that all the ingredients are organic. Are all the fruits and vegetables in Fruit and Veggie Plus free from pesticides and chemicals? Yes!!! Even though some of the fruits and vegetables in this product are conventional produce, they are grown on farms that guarantee their crops to be completely pesticide and chemical free in accordance with USDA Organic Regulations. In addition to these regulations, these farms follow additional regulations set forth by the Organic Commissions Association such as Fair Trade and social justice requirements. These requirements guarantee equity to small farmers and farm workers and local or regional production to reduce food miles, energy use, and greenhouse gases. The foods in Fruit and Veggie Plus are grown using standards higher than the USDA Organic regulations. The Quality Control Department for the Farms state that "all ingredients we use for "Fruit & Veggie Plus" are not certified as organic but they are free from chemicals and pesticides. All of these ingredients are non-GMO as well."
3. How does it taste and how do I prepare it? Amazingly delicious! Overall, the flavor is fruity. Add 1 scoop of powder to 8 ounces of your favorite beverage like water, apple juice or orange juice, mix in a blender or shaker, and drink immediately. For an extra thick and creamy snack, mix 1 scoop in a blender with ice. In the summer time, freeze the mixture for a tasty smoothie-sickle.
4. What makes Fruit and Veggie Plus unique? Fruit and Veggie Plus is an extremely high antioxidant whole food fruit and vegetable powder formulated to be of the highest nutrient value possible. All the main ingredients were picked at their peak ripeness and then put through a specialized low-temperature, freeze-drying process that same day. This unique process of transforming the foods into a powder form retains all of its enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. Other forms of processing can destroy these vital nutrients.
5. What is ORAC Value? Damage from free radicals has been linked to many degenerative diseases and can greatly speed up the aging process. Antioxidants from foods (such as dark purple and red berries) that we consume protect us from these free radicals. ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbency Capacity; which is the measure of antioxidant protection from that food; the higher the unit value, the greater the antioxidant protection.
According to the USDA, the average person consumes about 1200 ORAC units per day. The USDA has also concluded that we need 3000 to 5000 ORAC units per day to have a significant impact for antioxidant protection. Just one scoop of Fruit and Veggie Plus provides 20,000 ORAC units.
6. What is the recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables for Americans? The USDA has developed a Food Guide Pyramid that outlines healthy selections of food choices and how many servings are recommended on a daily basis. The recommendations are 3 to 5 servings of fruits and 2 to 4 servings of vegetables. One scoop (15 grams) of Fruit and Veggie Plus yields 20,000 ORAC units that equate approximately to 30+ servings of fruits and vegetables.
7. I have heard that you should not combine fruits and vegetables at the same time. Is there any truth to this? All raw fruits and vegetables have enzymes to help aid in digestion. When foods are exposed to processing at temperatures over 118º F, the enzymes become denatured. If you eat cooked or processed foods without supplementing with enzymes, then digestion becomes difficult in general. If you eat raw foods (such as the Fruit and Veggie Plus) or eat cooked foods and supplement with enzymes (such as Optimal 1 Digestion), then you do not have to worry about in what combination you consume your foods.
8. On the supplement label, it lists that Fruit and Veggie Plus contains vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron. Why isn't there more vitamins and minerals listed on the label? Vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron are the only vitamins and minerals that are required by the FDA to be listed on the label. The lab only does an analysis on whole food products only as mandated by law. Whole foods are usually touted by the type and quality of the foods rather than its vitamin levels. Not only does this product contain 100% raw whole foods but the ORAC value further documents its purity and nutrient density.
Influence on Human Disease
1. Peroxyl Radical
Lipid Peroxidation-Cardiovascular Disease Atherosclerosis
Neuro-Degenerative Diseases-Alzheimer's & Parkinson's
3. Hydroxyl Radical
DNA Damage, Cancer
4. Singlet Oxygen
Eye Diseases-Macular Degeneration
5. Superoxide Anion
Mitochondrial Diseases (Energy-Metabolism-Muscle)
Our Price: $23.40/1 month(s)
Our Price: $14.04/1 month(s)
Our Price: $20.16/1 month(s)
Our Price: $46.20/1 month(s)