A xenobiotic is a man-made material that is foreign to the body. Xenobiotic remedies, which are sometimes called isodes, detoxodes or homochords, are homeopathic reductions of foreign botanical, zoological, or chemical substances. Optimal Health Systems’ xenobiotics are designed to assist with detoxiﬁcation. Each xenobiotic provides an array of isodes and other attenuated agents, along with classical and non-classical remedies. Potencies of individual agents range from (12X) to (30X) to (60X) as appropriate for the desired action of the formula.
Detoxiﬁcation is a process that begins with understanding the body’s equilibrium mechanisms and assisting or strengthening them in very speciﬁc ways. As a patient progresses through the process, as described below:
1. Identify and remove the toxins and/or the obstacles to healing.
2. Gathering patient history, conducting various tests, and addressing emotional factors may all be valuable in preparing for detoxiﬁcation.
3. Improve how your body removes toxins so you can provide increased energy for repair. Exercise and stimulation of the autonomic nervous system may be helpful.
4. Balance and strengthen the patient’s system so it can tolerate the stress of detoxiﬁcation. Detoxifying causes stress on the body and may result in temporary worsening of symptoms. Consider pairing with Opti-Adrenal.
5. Improve drainage to assist with toxin excretion via the kidneys, liver, blood, lungs, lymph, skin, and digestive tract. Spinal adjustments, fascial release, foot baths, far infrared saunas and visceral manipulation may be beneﬁcial.
6. Draw out toxins by supporting and mobilizing the immune system. OHS Formulas’ xenobiotics serve this function by providing a blueprint for the body and thereby assisting with recognizing foreign substances.
7. After detoxiﬁcation, re-strengthen the patient’s systems by supplementing speciﬁc nutrition as your testing indicates.
8. Restore, stimulate, and regenerate previously stressed organs or systems.